Copaifera officinalis L.
Genus: Copaifera L.
- 1988(Africa)Lock JM
- 1988(Americas)Zarucchi JL
- 1993 Zarucchi JL
- 1993(Indian Ocean)Lock JM & Ireland H
- 1999 Bisby FA
- Conservation Status:
- Crude balsam is collected by drilling into the tree trunk. 
- An essential oil is obtained by dry distillation of crude balsam. 
- Essential oil mainly produced in Brazil. 
- Essential oil also produced in Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam and Colombia. 
- Used in aromatherapy:digestive, respiratory, genito-urinary & nervous systems. 
Last Update: 14/06/2001 12:50:49