Indigofera tinctoria L.
Genus: Indigofera L.
- 1988(Africa)Lock JM
- 1988(Americas)Zarucchi JL
- 1993 Polhill RM
- 1993 Zarucchi JL
- 1993(Indian Ocean)Lock JM & Ireland H
- Scrutinised globally by taxonomic co-ordinator:
- Conservation Status:
- Indigofera sect. Indigofera 
- Africa 
- Central African Rep. 
- Sao Tome & Principe 
- Very variable.Range much extended by cultivation. (G.ref.347,p.106).
- Two varieties, tinctoria & arcuata (G. in FTEA, ref.210).
- Type species of genus.
- Probably introduced to the Maldives, for it's dye, but now naturalised. 
- No recent collections from Reunion and Rodrigues. 
Last Update: 14/06/2001 13:03:18